Relaxed informal kung fu training
Safe, friendly & cooperative environment.
Not what you would expect.
Internal Kung Fu Training
We are not the stereotypical martial arts school. If you want to be physically abused and wake up sore and bruised the next day, then our kind of training is just not for you. But if you want a more internal, meditative style of training that works, if you want to feel better, if you want to train in a supportive, focused & professional environment, then we just might have what you're looking for.
Why learn Wing Chun?
Wing Chun training provides practical self defence skills that can help keep adults and children safe from violence. Even if they never need to use it, the peace of mind is invaluable.
However, Wing Chun is a lot more than just a martial art. Our classes focus on Chi Sau and the forms, starting with the Siu Nim Tao form, kind of a standing meditation. Benefits of this training include:
- Improved focus and concentration
- Better posture and body awareness
- Physical and mental relaxation
- Stress relief
- Practical self defence skills
- Greater confidence
- Increased self esteem
Other benefits of training at Hornsby Wing Chun include:
- Authentic lineage (Ip Man→ Chu Shong Tin→ Mark Spence → Mark Laing)
- Progress at your own pace: No expensive and unnecessary gradings to hold you back or lighten your wallet
- Ideal for men, women and children of all ages and fitness levels
- Conveniently located on the Upper North Shore of Sydney at Hornsby
- And you get to have a lot of FUN too!
What is Wing Chun?
Wing Chun is a logical, scientific, yet simple martial art which provides both self defence and health & fitness skills for people of all ages.
At its core, Wing Chun teaches you a way of moving that allows you to generate and overcome a lot of force.
Wing Chun uses relaxation, focus & structure to allow a weaker person to overcome a stronger, larger attacker. It does not rely on brute strength or flashy and impractical techniques.